Delicious Broad Bean Dip
Served as an hors d'oeuvre or a snack this delicious broad bean dip is quick and easy to make.
- ½ kg Broad Beans (This is about 125 g once shelled)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil plus a bit to drizzle over afterwards
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Double Cream Yogurt
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Paprika
- Mint Leaves (Keep a few for a garnish)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Boil the shelled beans in salty water for 2 to 3 minutes until tender.
Remove the outer skins by making a small incision and slipping the bean out. This step is optional for making the dip.
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until everything is chopped up and has a smooth consistency. Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
Pour into a serving bowl and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkling of paprika and a few of the mint leaves.
Serve with chips (crisps), Bruschetta or a fresh veg platter.